Pages

.


.


Review: Hudson's Tap House

views the best pictures

I have been to Hudson's a couple of times over the last couple of months and here are my thoughts on the popular pub.

The food isn't bad. I have had a hotdog, burger, and some excellent appetizers. My problem with Hudson's is not the food but how loud it is inside. You can't have a conversation and I find myself having to yell to be heard. The in pub experience takes so much away from the food.

The service is inconsistent which is something that I notice in other reviews. There are nights where the food has come out cold or just wrong and the waitresses are either unable to unwilling to fix it. Other nights it is a much better experience. Hudson's needs to strive for consistency.

As for the decor, it is okay but it isn't authentic. There is all sorts of Canadiana on the walls but it is reproductions. I was hoping the longer it stayed open, it would become more local but what you see is what you get. I could actually see this going over better overseas where people wanted the Canadian experience but weren't aware of it. We are Canadian and we don't find the cliches that funny or interesting.

Now outside of the restaurant in Saskatoon, there are tables on two sides. The music is quieter and the atmosphere is more relaxed. People are sitting outside to sit, talk, drink, and eat. It is a night and day difference and I love it out there. If it could replicate the deck experience indoors (by turning down the volume), it would be a much better experience and perhaps have a less dismal rating on Urbanspoon.

Hudson's Tap House
401 - 21st Street East
Saskatoon, SK S7K0C5

Hudson's Canadian Tap House on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment